Hi Max, thanks for writing. Are you the "local Erlang expert" Chip
referred to?
On 24/02/12 15:19, Max Kalika wrote:
3) There was one process with over 2 million pages. It was constantly
running lists:zipwith/3. Info on it showed lots and lots of messages
in the mailbox that just wasn't decreasing.
I don't suppose you have any record of what these messages were? Or any
logs from around this time?
I mentioned earlier that the system is *mostly* recovered. The
remaining problem is disk utilization. I suspect that since our
messages are marked durable, disk cleanup didn't occur. I'm not sure
how to sync this up with runtime reality without restarting.
So the only code in the rabbit codebase which invokes lists:zipwith/3 is
the file_handle_cache. Hmm. Unfortunately it uses it in a rather generic
location so this is still not exactly clear.

This would help explain why disk cleanup didn't occur, since you killed
something that was in the middle of doing some file handling.

Hmm.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen