On Feb 27, 11:34?am, Chip Salzenberg wrote:
Simon MacMullen wrote:
On 23/02/12 18:37, DawgTool wrote:
ps> I also recall making some config changes, but don't recall at the
moment. I'll look at those later today.
That would be marvellous. Needless to say we've not been able to
replicate this here.
An additional note: Most messages were written by clients that did not
require acks.
Our local Erlang expert is on vacation, but he rescued our cluster.
He described a mailbox full of messages that some process was not
consuming. ?When he killed the process and, IIRC, the "shell" that had
spawned it (I am merely parroting what I recall, this may be the wrong
term), the bloat was cured and memory usage returned to normal.

Details that might matter in reproduction: ?Our troubled mirrored
queue used mode "nodes" (not "all"), picking two nodes out of a
cluster of four. ?When I created it, I used a modified rabbitmqadmin
that connected to one of the two nodes, and specified that it and one
other node should mirror the queue. ?All messages were written with
delivery-mode 2. ?Messages are about 46K each. ?While some of the
messages were consumed, most were purged. ?Queue deletion did not cure
the leak.