Which version of Erlang are you running?
I had the same issue with R13/R14, but after upgrading to R15B, no issues.
Not sure if its related or if I just got lucky, but might be worth a shot.
-- DawgTool

ps> I also recall making some config changes, but don't recall at the
moment. I'll look at those later today.