Doh! Okay I feel stupid. With all the obscure issues you can run
into on DoDISS, I guess I forgot to look for the obvious. :)

I now have clustering working but... if I try to uncluster the servers
it looks like I am getting bitten by that broken "invalid command"
that simon spoke of. Can anyone figure out what is going on in the
below command transcript? This is not too important. I only need to
uncluster for testing purposes and these are VMs and I have a pre-
cluster snapshot I can roll back to, but still, it seems like
something is amiss and thats a little worrisome.

Starting with a successfully clustered server pair rabbit1 and rabbit2
(both disk nodes):

[root at rabbit1 usr]# rabbitmqctl stop_app
Stopping node rabbit at rabbit1 ...
...done.
[root at rabbit1 usr]# rabbitmqctl reset
Resetting node rabbit at rabbit1 ...
...done.
[root at rabbit1 usr]# rabbitmqctl start_app
Starting node rabbit at rabbit1 ...
Error: {cannot_start_application,rabbitmq_management,
{bad_return,
{{rabbit_mgmt_app,start,[normal,[]]},
{'EXIT',
{shutdown,
{gen_server2,call,
[<5135.22427.3>,
{init,<5135.22425.3>},
infinity]}}}}}}

If it matters, the only plugins that are enabled are
rabbitmq_management and its dependencies.