I am tasked with installing a rabbit cluster on RHEL (release 5.7
Tikanga) w/SE-Linux (actually the DoDIIS build 2.1.5). I can
successfully install a single node rabbit instance using the rabbitmq-
server-2.7.1-1.noarch.rpm after installing erlang R15B from source.
However when I attempt to cluster my rabbit2 server with my rabbit1
server, I am unable so successfully execute the rabbitmqctl app_stop
command on rabbit2. Rather I get the below output. Thereafter
running rabbitmqctl status shows that the node is still up and
running. Any ideas?

sh-3.2# rabbitmqctl app_stop
Error: {'EXIT',
{function_clause,
[{rabbit_control,action,
[app_stop,rabbit at rabbit2,[],
[{"-p","/"},{"-n","rabbit at rabbit2"},{"-
q",false}],
#Fun<rabbit_control.1.115240681>],
[]},
{rabbit_control,start,0,[]},