On 10/01/12 09:45, Rosa, Andrea wrote:
Yes. If there is a *TCP connection* and nothing is sent.
Just a double check this behavior is specific for rabbitmq, because
with TCP we can establish a connection and even if nothing is sent
there is no timeout exception.
Well the point is that we need to establish an AMQP connection on top of
the TCP connection. If that process does not complete we want to detect
it and close the connection.

This behaviour is not unique to RabbitMQ - take the example of Apache
and HTTP. If I telnet to an Apache server and do not start sending HTTP,
I get disconnected. After about ten seconds ;-)

Once the AMQP connection is actually established it will stay up
indefinitely (modulo heartbeats).

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware

grouprabbitmq-discuss @
categoriesrabbitmq
postedJan 9, '12 at 5:07p
activeJan 10, '12 at 10:44a
websiterabbitmq.com
irc#rabbitmq

2 users in discussion

Simon MacMullen: 3 posts Rosa, Andrea: 3 posts