On 09/01/12 17:07, Rosa, Andrea wrote:
Hi

Sometimes I find in the log file these errors:
Type A
=ERROR REPORT==== 9-Jan-2012::06:01:49 ===
exception on TCP connection<0.211.5973> from x.x.x.x:54400
{handshake_timeout,handshake}

Type B
=ERROR REPORT==== 9-Jan-2012::03:37:43 ===
exception on TCP connection<0.9443.464> from x.x.x.x:57573
{handshake_timeout,frame_header}

Can you confirm me that:
- those problem mean that the client cannot terminate the handshake protocol? So is It not a problem with the server?
It means the client and server did not complete the AMQP handshake
before a timeout occurred (10s).
- The hankdshake timeout is something defined at OS level
No, it's a rabbit thing - hard coded in rabbit_reader at the moment.
- it's not clear to me the difference between type A and B
The difference is in how far it got before the timeout. In type A it got
almost nowhere - not even the first few bytes ("AMQP\0\0\9\1") got
through. In type B some connection start frames may have been exchanged.

You might see type A if people are doing "telnet servername 5672" or
otherwise connecting and then sending nothing at all. You should only
see type B if you have a very slow or buggy client I think.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware

grouprabbitmq-discuss @
categoriesrabbitmq
postedJan 9, '12 at 5:07p
activeJan 10, '12 at 10:44a
websiterabbitmq.com
irc#rabbitmq

2 users in discussion

Simon MacMullen: 3 posts Rosa, Andrea: 3 posts