Hi,

John <tianning.zhang at zanox.com> writes:
I am using rabbitmq-c under windows (VS 2010). The basic get features
works just fine. However when I tested the "consumer" feature I
encountered the following problem.
What approach to building rabbitmq-c under windows are you using? Are
you running the amqp_consumer example program, or your own consumer
code?

If you are developing under Visual Studio, I recommend using the
cmake-based build, as that allows you to build librabbitmq and the
examples within VS.
1. Starting application debugging from VS 2010 (even without any break points
and in release configuration) everything looks ok (calling amqp_simple_rpc
returns AMQP_RESPONSE_NORMAL)!

2. Starting the application without debuging I got an error in calling
amqp_rpc_reply_t amqp_simple_rpc

with amqp_response_type_enum reply_type = AMQP_RESPONSE_LIBRARY_EXCEPTION
and library_error = ERROR_BAD_AMQP_DATA

I guess there is some "DEBUG" coding in source. Can anyone tell we
where I can make changes to solve this problem??
There's nothing in the rabbitmq-c codebase ot make it behave differently
in debug builds.
I have downloaded rabbitmq-c-default from 21.09.2011 and rebuild the
sources under windows. Rabbitmq servers have the version 2.4.1 and
2.6.1.

I also tried the newest version from the server (dated 25.11, default
and the version 7cecf64752fd) - there I got the buffer overrun error.
There have not been significant changes to the rabbitmq-c code between
those two versions. I recommend that you use the latest version,
because it has cmake build support. Could you say more about the buffer
overrun you are seeing?

David

--
David Wragg