On 27/10/11 05:40, Ilya Volodarsky wrote:
Is there a performance advantage to dequeuing from multiple queues
versus just one? I know that each queue has around 4kb of extra
information with it, so we don't want to make too many. Is there any
sort of locking disadvantage to just having one queue with a lot of
traffic?
Well, each queue needs to maintain ordering for the messages that pass
through it, so each queue is a single process. If you have a machine
with lots of cores, or a cluster, you can get more performance out of
several queues than a single one. The overhead per queue is not huge.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen
RabbitMQ, VMware