From: rabbitmq-discuss-bounces at lists.rabbitmq.com
[mailto:rabbitmq-discuss-bounces at lists.rabbitmq.com] On Behalf Of
Matthew Sackman
Sent: 14 September 2011 14:42
To: rabbitmq-discuss at lists.rabbitmq.com
Subject: Re: [rabbitmq-discuss] Channels closed unexpectedly in Java
client
On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 02:39:05PM +0100, Matthew Sackman wrote:
-module(test).
-compile([export_all]).

-include_lib("amqp_client/include/amqp_client.hrl").

loadsa_queues() ->
{ok, Conn} = amqp_connection:start(#amqp_params_network{}),
{ok, Chan} = amqp_connection:open_channel(Conn),
Method = #'basic.publish'{},
Content = #amqp_msg { props = #'P_basic'{ delivery_mode = 2 },
payload = <<0:8>> },
[begin
#'queue.declare_ok'{ queue = Q } =
amqp_channel:call(Chan, #'queue.declare'{durable = true,
exclusive = true}),
amqp_channel:cast(Chan, Method#'basic.publish'{ routing_key =
Q }, Content)
end || _ <- lists:seq(1,100000)],
amqp_connection:close(Conn).
Oh yes, seeing as I've just run into this myself, there's currently a
performance issue with deleting an awful lot of queues at the same time
- reported at

http://old.nabble.com/Problem-auto-deleting-large-number-of-queues--td32
346666.html
- we are working on a fix for this right now, but it wasn't ready in
time for 2.6.1. The bug is actually in Erlang/OTP itself. So if you find
you tests taking a huge amount of time deleting a lot of queues, it's
that bug, and erm, thus "nothing to worry about" ;)

Matthew