"Iain Hull" <iain.hull at workday.com> writes:
Ok thanks I will add xfs and jfs to my mix for testing. Do you still
have those results? And are they in a consumable format? Our ops team
would be really interested in looking over them as the basis for our own
testing.
If you benchmark different Linux filesystems, be very careful to make
sure that you are doing apples-to-apples comparisons. Different
filesystems have different data integrity guarantees. In particular,
ext3 and ext4 get different numbers mainly because they have different
defaults for the 'barrier' option. So you need to explicitly set this
option in order to perform a fair comparison. Last time I did this,
their performance seemed roughly equivalent.

--
David Wragg
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ

grouprabbitmq-discuss @