There are 56 sub-packages, I don't know erlang, could you try to guess a
subset of these?

erlang-snmp
erlang-sasl
erlang-cosEventDomain
erlang-erts
erlang-debugger
erlang-test_server
erlang-percept
erlang-stdlib
erlang-typer
erlang-pman
erlang-gs
erlang-orber
erlang-common_test
erlang-kernel
erlang-compiler
erlang-et
erlang-inets
erlang-cosTime
erlang-tv
erlang-appmon
erlang-jinterface
erlang-mnesia
erlang-dialyzer
erlang-tools
erlang-edoc
erlang-cosFileTransfer
erlang-ic
erlang-syntax_tools
erlang-wx
erlang-ssl
erlang-webtool
erlang-cosProperty
erlang-docbuilder
erlang-inviso
erlang-crypto
erlang-hipe
erlang-megaco
erlang-cosEvent
erlang-otp_mibs
erlang-reltool
erlang-parsetools
erlang-erl_docgen
erlang-asn1
erlang-ssh
erlang-eunit
erlang-runtime_tools
erlang-odbc
erlang-os_mon
erlang-examples
erlang-xmerl
erlang-observer
erlang-cosTransactions
erlang-erl_interface
erlang-public_key
erlang-cosNotification
erlang-toolbar

Regards,
---
Massimo Paladin

email: massimo.paladin at gmail.com
website: http://www.mpaladin.com
flickr's page: http://flickr.com/photos/massimop

On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 1:34 PM, Simon MacMullen wrote:
On 04/08/11 12:30, Matthias Radestock wrote:
On 04/08/11 12:18, Massimo Paladin wrote:

RabbitMQ RPM requires erlang which is provided by a lot of sub-packages.

I wonder if rabbit really needs all those sub-packages,
did someone already spend some time shrinking down the required erlang
sub-packages?
We used to depend on just the packages the broker needs. However,
plug-ins may use more packages than the broker.
We used to do that for Debian, not RPMs. I think RPMs having sub-packages
at all is fairly recent.

Unfortunately to my untutored eye it still doesn't look like there's any
equivalent of Debian's erlang-nox metapackage, so we drag in all sorts of
X11 deps we don't need.

Cheers, Simon

--
Simon MacMullen