Clint Miller <clint at rtcreativegroup.com> writes:
I'm actually using the community supported C++ client available here:
https://github.com/akalend/amqpcpp
I'm afraid I have never looked closely at that client.
As best as I can tell, that's the most current/up-to-date
version. However, when I'm reading the source, I do see that it DOES
NOT call the amqp_basic_* functions. Both the implementations of
basic.get and basic.consume use the amqp_simple_rpc function. Is it
possible there's a newer version of the C++ client that uses
RabbitMQ-C's amqp_basic_* functions? Or do I need to build that
myself?
The C++ library should certainly be updated to avoid using
amqp_simple_rpc, and use the method-specific API functions instead. But
that is probably not the source of the problem in itself (those
functions are generated wrappers onto amqp_simple_rpc).

basic.get and basic.consume do involve an amqp_simple_rpc call. But
then further code is required to actually receive the message or message
deliveries.

Could you construct a minimal program that demonstrates the problem?

--
David Wragg
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ

grouprabbitmq-discuss @
categoriesrabbitmq
postedJul 20, '11 at 8:45p
activeJul 26, '11 at 3:32p
websiterabbitmq.com
irc#rabbitmq

2 users in discussion

David Wragg: 5 posts Clint Miller: 5 posts