Hi David,

David Hawthorne <dsrthorne at gmail.com> writes:
On Apr 28, 2011, at 2:48 PM, David Hawthorne wrote:

Here's another problem, this time using amqpcpp with 2.4.1:

dhawth at u16$ ./example_get
server connection error 504, message: CHANNEL_ERROR - unexpected method in connection state running

dhawth at u16$ ./example_consume
server connection error 504, message: CHANNEL_ERROR - unexpected method in connection state running
This error suggests that you are trying to use channel number 0 (which
has a special role in AMQP) for general methods.
[...]
from my test program:

0 [0x7f1033a7f750] DEBUG AMQP null - Making new connection to amqp server
2 [0x7f1033a7f750] DEBUG AMQP null - Logging into amqp server
5 [0x7f1033a7f750] DEBUG main null - creating queue foobar
5 [0x7f1033a7f750] DEBUG AMQP null - creating queue with name foobar
5 [0x7f1033a7f750] DEBUG AMQPQueue null - constructing new queue with
channelNum 0 and name foobar
And this line suggests the same thing.

But looking at the amqpcpp code on github, I don't see how that could
happen. AMQP::init sets channelNumber to 0, and AMQP::createQueue
increments it. Are you using amqpcpp from github without modification
(other than adding the logging)?

Alexandre: By the way, the channelNumber allocation logic in amqpcpp
looks wrong to me. But it shouldn't affect the examples where only a
single channel is used, so I don't think that's the cause of David's
problem.

David

--
David Wragg