I wanted to check if there are any potential adverse effects of using custom arguments in a queue declaration. Specifically I am looking at adding three arguments to our queues:

x-monitor: bit
x-monitor-warn: int
x-monitor-critical: int

I've tested this on a non-production box and didn't notice any adverse effects but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Will this do anything bad under-the-covers in Rabbit?

I did notice that the values show up in the Parameters section in the Management plugin Web UI in an less than ideal fashion.

Also, Is there a way to update arguments without deleting/redefining the queue? I'm looking at how to best update our non-auto-delete queue definitions if we move forward on this.

Regards,

Gavin