Hi Bruce,

bruce bushby <bruce.bushby at gmail.com> writes:
I was wondering if any list members would share some setup tips about
configuring "rabbitmq-c client" with openssl/openvpn for secure
(certificate) encrypted message delivery?

I'm very new to Rabbit....spent the morning working through "hello world"
but ultimately need to focus on the C client which will run from an embedded
device. The device will be sending ascii text that has been compressed using
"bzip2"

I'm using Fedora 12 (client = 68f0c4b68086) & Fedora 14 (server =
2.2.0-1.fc14)

I read:
http://www.rabbitmq.com/ssl.html

but it appears to focus on the server and java client....not that thats a
bad thing...just that I need to use the "C client"
Not all AMQP clients support SSL. The C client currently doesn't
support SSL, which is one of the reasons it is not counted among the
RabbitMQ "supported" clients (which all include SSL).

Adding SSL support to the C client is on the todo list, but there's no
fixed schedule for when this will happen.

You could look into other approaches to encrypting the traffic between
the client and server, e.g. an encrypted VPN.

David

--
David Wragg
Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ

grouprabbitmq-discuss @
categoriesrabbitmq
postedFeb 25, '11 at 12:25p
activeFeb 28, '11 at 9:36a
websiterabbitmq.com
irc#rabbitmq

2 users in discussion

David Wragg: 1 post Bruce bushby: 1 post