Grokbase Groups R r-help April 2012
The key to using cv.glm is that you have to have a fitted model object with
all the data to validate. In your case, that would appear to be a model
like this:
lm(base[,ncol(base)]~NDI)
where NDI is calculated from two bands in the dataframe base. However, if
the ground truth data is independently collected from the imagery (the
usual case), then there is no need to do cross validation - the model above
is all you need? If you repeat the model above for all pairwise
combinations of bands, then comparing the models using R^2 or some other
metric would tell you which band combination is superior.

Cheers