See str(version). version$platform or version$os should work for what you're looking for.

Cheers,
Noah

On Feb 25, 2011, at Feb 25 1:23 PM , Hui Du wrote:

Hi All,

I have two Rs, one has been installed in Windows system and another one has been installed under UNIX system. Is there any environmental variable or function to tell me which R I am using? The reason that I need to know it is under different system, the data path could be different. I want to do something like

if it is R under Windows

path = "/ABC"
else if it is R under UNIX,
path = "/DEF"