On Wednesday 26 August 2015 11:09:18 Terry Reedy wrote:

On 8/26/2015 5:02 AM, Jean-Michel Pichavant wrote:
----- Original Message -----

From: "Ben Finney" <ben+python@benfinney.id.au>
The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential
and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient,
please
notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to
any
other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the
information
in any medium. Thank you.
Misleading, intimidating, hostile nonsense.
Agreed.
If you want to participate here, please do so from a mail system

which does not make these legalistic demands.
I disagree with prohibiting people encumbered by such systems from
participating.

So do I Terry, but how many years will it take to convince corporate
legal people that hanging that in a sig is a waste of time & bandwidth.
AFAIK, no court on _this_ planet has ever upheld the meaning of such a
notice. All the legal beagles have to keep their presence on the
payroll justified I guess.

I agree with you. Unfortunately my request for removing this
nonsense has been denied by my employer. To the point where I'm
restrincting myself from posting from time to time. I will probably
restrict myself even more.

Please do not restrict yourself further. We'll ignore it (or the fussier
amoung us should learn to tolerate it) just like we've been ignoring it
for at least 20 years now.

How about instead you augment your signature with "Please ignore the
boilerplate below.
JM

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE:

--