I am having an issue with something that would seem to have an easy
solution, but which escapes me. I have configuration files that I would
like to parse. The data I am having issue with is a multi-line attribute
that has the following structure:

banner <option> <banner text delimiter>
Banner text
Banner text
Banner text
<banner text delimiter>

The regex 'banner\s+(\w+)\s+(.+)' captures the command nicely and
banner.group(2) captures the delimiter nicely.

My issue is that I need to capture the lines between the delimiters (both
delimiters are the same).

I have tried various permutations of

Delimiter=banner.group(2)
re.findall(Delimiter'(.*?)'Delimiter, line, re.DOTALL|re.MULTILINE)

with no luck

Examples I have found online all assume that the starting and ending
delimiters are different and are defined directly in re.findall(). I would
like to use the original regex extracting the banner.group(2), since it is
already done, if possible.

Any help in pointing me in the right direction would be most appreciated.

Thank you,

Marc