I have a PDF document which consist of barcode characters. Now how can I retrieve that bar-coded value programmatically. When I googled I found a tool called Pypdf which provides a function called 'PdfFileReader'

To read the PDF file, but how can I read the barcode form the existing PDF. Any solution?

In Reportlab I can do the following code to generate barcode and to get the value of that barcode

barcode=code39.Extended39("123456789",barWidth=0.2*mm,barHeight=8*mm)

bc = Paragraph("Barcode value: %s" % barcode.value, STYLES['Normal'])

document.append(bc)

But how can I achieve this from the existing PDF document??