Hello,

I am trying to get an installer built with distutils to recognize
multiple installations.
The installer currently finds my installation at C:\Python27
I have a custom Python27 built myself with Visual Studio sitting
somewhere else, say C:\MyPython27.

I looked at PC/bdist_wininst/install.c in the GetPythonVersions
routine and see that it is searching Software\Python\PythonCore.

So, I assume I need to get my Python installation listed in the registry.
I am unfamiliar with the Windows Registry
I tried to create another 2.7 key but regedit wouldn't let me.
So, if I can only have one 2.7 key, it would seem that the routine
GetPythonVersions will only ever get 1 version of 2.7.
Does this mean that it is unsupported to have more than one Python 2.7
installation on Windows?

Again, that GetPythonVersions routine looks pretty alien to me.... so
I may be wrong.

Some help please?

Thanks,
~Eric