hi all,

I have just released Shed Skin 0.7.1, an optimizing (restricted!) Python-to-C++
compiler. It comes with some important extension module fixes, optimizations
for several builtins (zip, min, max, map, filter, reduce, pow), a warning
for non-uniform tuples of length > 2 and some minor fixes and internal
cleanups.

There are also two nice new examples (a quantum monte carlo simulator and an
rsync implementation), bringing the count to 54 example programs, for a
total of around 15,000 lines of code (as measured by sloccount).

Please see my blog for the full announcement:

http://shed-skin.blogspot.com

Or go straight to the homepage:

http://shedskin.googlecode.com

Please have a look at the tutorial, try it out, and file any problems in the
issue tracker. I'm also always very interested in hearing about potential
new programs to add to the example set!

Thanks,
Mark Dufour

grouppython-list @