On 02/11/2010 20:55, Zak Kinion wrote:
What I want to do: launch seperate python programs from one main
program (multi-threading will not achieve this because the mechanize
library uses one shared global opener object which will not suit my
needs) I want the scripts launched to be in seperate windows that i
can see the output of on screen, seperate processes. I can accomplish
this in win32 by:

import subprocess;
args = ["cmd", "/c", "START", "python", "myScript.py"];
process1 = subprocess.Popen(args, shell=False);
Pass CREATE_NEW_CONSOLE as one of the creationflags:

<code>
import os, sys
import subprocess

processes = []
cmd = [sys.executable, "-c", "import os; print os.getpid (); raw_input ()"]
for i in range (3):
processes.append (subprocess.Popen (cmd,
creationflags=subprocess.CREATE_NEW_CONSOLE))

#
# Keep looping round to see the current status
#
while True:
for p in processes:
print p.poll ()