On 06/10/2010 05:15 PM, Murrgon wrote:
I have a simple C++ library (from a dll) I am attempting to make
accessible through bindings to python. I used Py++ to generate some
boost code for the library that I compiled into a pyd. I can import the
pyd no problem into python, but I can't seem to call the functions.

struct MM_Api
{
void* pData;
};

int declspec(dllimport) MM_Initialize( MM_Api* pApi );

I made a PyMM.pyd that has this in it.

import PyMM
api = PyMM.MM_Api
ret = PyMM.MM_Initialize(api)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
Boost.Python.ArgumentError: Python argument types in
PyMM.MM_Initialize(Boost.Python.class)
did not match C++ signature:
MM_Initialize(struct MM_Api * pApi)
Just guessing here: maybe you meant to type

import PyMM
api = PyMM.MM_Api()
ret = PyMM.MM_Initialize(api)

(initializing the MM_Api and passing the object instead of the class)
The docs for Py++ leave a lot guess work up to the user, so I don't know
if I forgot a step, or messed something up. Is there some glue I need
to write/generate that will translate an instance of PyMM.MM_Api to the
C++ version of MM_Api, and if so, is this python glue, or C/C++ glue?

Thank you
Murrgon

grouppython-list @
categoriespython