2010/4/25 sanam singh <sanamsingh at hotmail.com>:
Hi,
I want to debug my c++blocks which are dynamically loaded into python for
execution. I am using wingide for debugging python. But its limitation is
that when c++module is called in python script it doent take me into c++
module. What I want is that I should be able to visually see the c++ code
(unlike gdb) when it is called from the python script and I should be able
to debug it ( step out, step into etc).And when c++ module ends it should
take me back into the python module. In other words, I want to follow my
program line by line.
Please guide me.
Thank you.
Regards,
Sanam
Hi Sanam,

The usual way to work that way is having one of the debuggers work in
remote debug mode (so, if you launch it from a python ide, the c++
remote debugger should connect to it remotely, or if you launch it
from the c++ ide, the python debugger should connect to it remotely).

What I usually use is the pydev remote debugger
(http://pydev.org/manual_adv_remote_debugger.html) and msvc (through
tools > attach to process).

Cheers,

Fabio

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedApr 25, '10 at 9:17a
activeApr 26, '10 at 11:00a
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Fabio Zadrozny: 1 post Sanam singh: 1 post