On Jan 14, 5:58?pm, r0g wrote:
Jo?o wrote:
On Jan 12, 10:07 pm, r0g wrote:
Jo?o wrote:
for the following data,
authentication = "UID=somestring&"
message = 'PROBLEM severity High: OperatorX Plat1(locationY) global
Succ. : 94.470000%'
dest_number = 'XXXXXXXXXXX'
url_values = urlencode({'M':message})
enc_data = authentication + url_values + dest_number
I'm getting null for
full_url = Request(url, enc_data, headers)
and thus,
response = urlopen(full_url).read()
returns,
TypeError: <exceptions.TypeError instance at 0x2b4d88ec6440>
)
Are you sure it's returning a null and not just some other unexpected
type?

I think your problem may be that you are passing a urllib2 class to
urllib(1)'s urlopen. Try using urllib2's urlopen instead e.g.

import urllib2
request_object = urllib2.Request('http://www.example.com')
response = urllib2.urlopen(request_object)
the_page = response.read()

Roger.
Thanks Roger.
I think it's a null because i did a print(full_url) right after the
Request
I tried
request_object = urllib2.Request('http://www.example.com')
print(request_object)

but when printing I get: <urllib2.Request instance at 0x2afaa2fe3f80>

I've read about Python 2.4 not playing well with proxies even with no
proxy activated.
Any sugestion?

Thanks again

grouppython-list @