En Sun, 20 Dec 2009 07:46:02 -0300, Lord Eldritch
<lord_eldritch at yahoo.co.uk> escribi?:
I have a CGI written in Python to process a form a read/write a text
file (a
minimal database). It runs in a Linux box with and it looks all the
encoding is UTF8. [...]
- Related to the former one: the CGI sends an email with stress marks and
other characters. I can read it with out any problem in my Kmail client
because it detects the encoding. But I saw that most of the users are
gonna
read it in a webmail service where the characters (UTF8) are not
recognized.
Can I force a encoding when I send an email? kind of:

mail(adress,'My title', mytext.encode'iso9865')
Yes, you can, and you should. Make sure the Content-Type (and probably
Content-Transfer-Encoding too) header fields are correct. How to set them,
depends on how you build the email to be sent (and the Python version in
use).

--
Gabriel Genellina

grouppython-list @