I have a CGI written in Python to process a form a read/write a text file (a
minimal database). It runs in a Linux box with and it looks all the encoding
is UTF8. Now I have two questions:

- When I have:

ttext='??????????'

I get a warning sendinme to this page

http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0263.html

Should I understand that PEP has been already implemented and follow it?

- Related to the former one: the CGI sends an email with stress marks and
other characters. I can read it with out any problem in my Kmail client
because it detects the encoding. But I saw that most of the users are gonna
read it in a webmail service where the characters (UTF8) are not recognized.
Can I force a encoding when I send an email? kind of:

mail(adress,'My title', mytext.encode'iso9865')

Thanks in advance.
--
Lord Eldritch

grouppython-list @