I'm trying to build a Python MSI installer for Windows using the scripts
provided at Tools\msi\

msi.py runs fine and generates a python-xxx.msi file.
Then, when I run the merge.py script, I get these error messages:

e:\prog\python\py3k\Tools\msi\msilib.py:8: DeprecationWarning: the sets
module i
s deprecated
import re, string, os, sets, glob, subprocess, sys, _winreg, struct
Opened Log
Opened DB
C:\Archivos de programa\Archivos comunes\Merge
Modules\Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86.ms
Opened Module C:\Archivos de programa\Archivos comunes\Merge
Modules\Microsoft_V
C90_CRT_x86.msm
Errors:
4 _Validation _Validation
Modkeys: _Validation Nullable
DBKeys: _Validation Nullable
4 _Validation _Validation
Modkeys: CustomAction Type
DBKeys: CustomAction Type
4 _Validation _Validation
Modkeys: File Sequence
DBKeys: File Sequence
C:\Archivos de programa\Archivos comunes\Merge
Modules\policy_9_0_Microsoft_VC90
_CRT_x86.msm
Opened Module C:\Archivos de programa\Archivos comunes\Merge
Modules\policy_9_0_
Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86.msm
Errors:
5 ModuleInstallExecuteSequence InstallExecuteSequence
Modkeys: SxsInstallCA
DBKeys: SxsInstallCA
5 ModuleInstallExecuteSequence InstallExecuteSequence
Modkeys: SxsUninstallCA
DBKeys: SxsUninstallCA
4 _Validation _Validation
Modkeys: _Validation Nullable
DBKeys: _Validation Nullable
4 _Validation _Validation
Modkeys: CustomAction Type
DBKeys: CustomAction Type
4 _Validation _Validation
Modkeys: File Sequence
DBKeys: File Sequence
Start of Media 2644

The final .msi file appears to work fine as long as I can tell.
Error type 4 is "msmErrorTableMerge" and type 5 is
"msmErrorResequenceMerge", but I don't know enough of the msi technology
to tell if those errors are important or not.

--
Gabriel Genellina

grouppython-list @
categoriespython