Do you know a python alternative to rapid ajax platform (RAP)?

For the development of a user interface for mathematical models
someone suggested to use eclipse and that tool:

http://www.eclipse.org/rap/
http://www.eclipse.org/rap/about.php

If I understand correctly it allows you to design very easily a web
client interacting with your application (in particular you write no
javascript and qooxdoo is called for you). It seems to be to be a very
interesting package except that... it is in java. So I would like to
know if there is something similar using python.

Alternatively I would like to know if there is a way to use this tool
doing the minimum in java and the most in python (probably not).

Thanks!
Marko

grouppython-list @
categoriespython