Hello all,

I am looking for opinions on preferred methods of Database
Abstraction Layer or Object Relation Mapper (I'm using Python 2.5).
I have found a number of options such as those listed here:

http://wiki.python.org/moin/HigherLevelDatabaseProgramming

I'm not looking for a holy war based on whether a DAL/ORM *should* be
used, and/or if it is preferred over direct access to the database
API layer. I understand that can be a lengthy discussion. I would
just like to see if there is a common 'preferred choice' in the
area. I am coding an application around SQLite, but need to keep the
flexibility to allow the use of MySQL (or other).

Thoughts?

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedSep 24, '07 at 4:03a
activeSep 24, '07 at 11:28a
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

BJ Dierkes: 1 post Bruno Desthuilliers: 1 post