On Jul 27, 1:23 am, Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch wrote:
On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 00:34:22 +0000, beginner wrote:
2) How can I make the arguments less picky without writing a lot of
type conversion code? My function really needs a tuple as its
argument. For example, f( (1,2,3) ) would work. However, in order to
make it easy to use, I am thinking that it should be able to take a
list too. In other words, I want f( [1,2,3] ) to work also. I can
certainly check for the types in the code and deal with each
situation. But remember this is tedious to do in C. Is there any
better way to handle this?
The same way as you would do in Python: convert the argument into a tuple
if you *really* need a tuple, or just use it as sequence or via iterator.
And pay attention to errors of course.

Ciao,
Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch
That makes sense. Thanks.