bearophileHUGS at lycos.com wrote:
Frank Millman, just a short note, more expert people can give you
better answers. There aren't abstract classes in Python. They are all
concrete. You may have classes with undefined methods (they may raise
NotImplementedError).
Multiple inheritance isn't supported by Java and Ruby, but it is
supported by C++ and Python, so you can use it in Python.
There are also ways of mixing methods. You may define methods, and then
lists of methods to add to your classes.

Bye,
bearophile
I use the term 'abstract class' in the abstract sense :-)

Say I have three classes where 90% of the attributes and methods are
common. It makes sense to create a base class with these attributes and
methods, and turn each of the three classes into a subclass which
inherits from the base class and overrides the bits that are unique to
each one.

This is what I call an abstract class. Maybe there is a more correct
term.

Frank

grouppython-list @
categoriespython