I am using Python IDLE 2.4.3 on Windows XP. I use File->New Window
to create a new program. In the Save As dialog, it always takes me to
the python program directory (where python is installed). Since this
is not where I want to save my source file, I have to select the
directory I want.

Is there a way that I can have python always bring up the Save As
dialog pointing to the directory of my choice? In other words, I
would like to specify what I want the default directory for saving
files to be.

In addition, is there a way to get IDLE to add the extension .py to
the file name in the Save As dialog without my having to type it each
time?

Thank you in advance for your help!

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedJul 4, '06 at 6:42a
activeJul 4, '06 at 9:19p
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

JohnJohnUSA: 1 post BartlebyScrivener: 1 post