I'm trying to cobble together an IDLE equivalent using pyshell and VIM
(My idea is just to pipe exec file commands from VIM to pyshell via a
socket or something). The one feature that IDLE has that I would
really like but can't seem to duplicate is the "Restart Shell" command.
Delving through the IDLE code, it looks like IDLE kills and restarts
its InteractiveInterpreter-derived class to do this. Is this really
necessary? If I just take __main__.__dict__ and strip out everything
since a start point, haven't I restored the interpreter to a virgin
state?

(Of course, assuming that there are no threads running, no
c-code-invoked junk lying around, etc).

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedMar 18, '05 at 6:42p