In article <just-077D54.12422603022005 at news1.news.xs4all.nl>,
Just wrote:
In article <ctsl83$s1q$1 at news1.ucsd.edu>, Robert Kern wrote:
Christian Dieterich wrote:
On D? C?adaoin, Feabh 2, 2005, at 17:48 America/Chicago,
moa at extrapolation.com wrote:
Hi there

I started a very long and roundabout process of attempting to install
python 2.3.4 along side my apple-installed 2.3 system. To make a long
story short, I have completely confabulated my environment ( i deleted
the 2.3 binaries and so forth from the system in an attempt to start
things fresh), and now I cannot figure out how to reinstall the base
2.3 Apple python distribution.
Can somebody please point me in the right direction?

You could use
fink install python
which makes you a Python installation under /sw.
But that doesn't solve his problem, which is to restore the
Apple-supplied Python that he deleted.
Also: fink is evil. I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole.
I'm curious, why do you not like fink? It's certainly easier than
compiling things by hand.

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedFeb 2, '05 at 11:48p