I have readline set up pretty much the same way as in the example in the
python docs (http://docs.python.org/lib/readline-example.html) and
something I find myself doing fairly often is

type some code
more code
more code

and then wanting to scroll back through the history to run the same code
again after a module = reload(module). In Windows, this is pretty
convenient as I can use up to move to point x in the history, press enter,
and press down to move to point x+1 in history. Is there any way to get
the same behavior with readline?

It would be great to be able to ctrl+r <type part of first line> then just
hit down+enter to reenter the rest of the code.

Thanks,

Mark

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedJan 1, '05 at 9:11p
activeJan 5, '05 at 9:22p
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Fernando Perez: 1 post Mark Roach: 1 post