Michael McGarry wrote:
Kevin Walzer wrote:

I've assembled a binary installer for the native version of PyQt. See
http://www.wordtech-software.com/pyqt-mac.html

I built it on Panther. Not sure if it will work on Jaguar, but you're
welcome to give it a try.

Michael McGarry wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to get PyQt up and running under Mac OS X 10.2.8, but
can't get past configuring sip.

I installed fink's qt3-3.2.3-2 and restarted my shells to get
qt3's environment variables QTDIR and QMAKESPEC.

I downloaded sip-4.1 from
http://www.river-bank.demon.co.uk,
unpacked it, ran

python configure.py

and got this error:

Error: /sw/share/qt3/mkspecs/darwin-g++/qmake.conf: macro
'QMAKE_LIBDIR/$(TARGET1)' is not defined.

Any ideas?

Michael
Kevin,
thanks that did the trick!!!
One problem is my Window created in Qt appears underneath all others on
the screen and focus never goes completely onto this window. Kind of weird.
Any ideas?
Michael
Michael,

Are you referring to the application you're developing, or the Eric3 IDE
that I bundled? I've observed that Eric3 hesitates for a second before
taking focus, though it eventually does if you click on the window. I've
observed this with other Qt apps in general, including some of the other
PyQt apps I've bundled on my own machine.

If the window never takes focus at all, it might be something as basic
as starting your application with "python" instead of "pythonw" if you
are launching it from the command line. You need to use "pythonw" to
correctly access the windowing system.

An easy way to start your app wtih the correct python command is simply
to double-click it instead of running it from terminal. That will
automatically call pythonw.

Hope this helps,
Kevin

- --
Cheers,

Kevin Walzer, PhD
WordTech Software--Open Source Applications and Packages for OS X
http://www.wordtech-software.com
http://www.smallbizmac.com
http://www.kevin-walzer.com
mailto:sw at wordtech-software.com