John <ohgoddearlord at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:d0132d7d.0401061045.73c28639 at posting.google.com...
Can anyone tell me how to run a bunch of commands in the same command
line window? When I do this:

system("command1")
system("command2")
If you just want to hide the console window, try
"win32process.CreateProcess"
If you want to set environment variables, I think batch file is OK.

Best Regards,
Kent Hsu
it opens a new window for every system call. The alternative I can
think of is to write out the command to a batch file and run that, but
I'm wondering if there is a better way to do it.

Partly it is annoying to have 20 cmd windows flash on the screen, but
also I don't think it works if I do something like this:

system("set envvar=hi")

since I think the envvar does not persist once the command window is
closed.

thanks!

grouppython-list @
categoriespython