Does anyone have a modification to python-mode.el that implements something
along the lines of c-tab-always-indent? Currently, it a) gets the
indentation wrong inside of """ module strings; and b) reindents the line
if I try to use tabs inside subsequent lines of the """ comment string.

I can live with the first problem but not the second. With c/c++ my
solution is to set c-tab-always-indent to nil, which changes the behavior
so that it only reindents the line if the cursor is in the leading
whitespace, and otherwise it inserts a real tab (though a virtual tab is
fine, too).

Thanks,

Gary

grouppython-list @