On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 11:10:43 +0100, David ROBERT wrote:

I need to read data from a MS Access database.
The program (reader) is installed on a linux box and
is written in python langage.
The database is MS Access 2002 installed on a Win XP box
networked with the linux box.
Is it possible for python/linux to read data from MS Access
Database ?
mdbtools: http://mdbtools.sourceforge.net/ provides a unixODBC
driver for MS access databases. Install it and mxODBC, then you
should be able to create a DSN for the access db, and connect to
it using mxODBC
I've read a lot of things about mxODBC, iODBC and so on,
but I'm still very confused, It looks like it is _not_
What exactly are you confused about? Perhaps someone can help
answer some specific questions...

-Mark

grouppython-list @
categoriespython