Tim Ronning wrote:

Hello list,

I wonder if I could get some feedback from the list on a Python book I'm
about to order from the net. The book is called "Python How to Program" by
Deithel & Deithel. Issued on Prentice Hall 2002. I'm not an experienced
Python programmer and I'm looking for a comprehensive but also an
"understandable" book. I'm also open for suggestions.

Best regards

Tim Ronning
I highly recommend the Visual Quickstart Guide book titled Python by Chris
Fehily. It's very clear, with lots and lots of good, short illustrative
examples. It doesn't cover everything, but is an excellent starter book,
and once you've covered the material it present, you'll probably be able to
get whatever else you need from the online docs at python.org.

Mike

grouppython-list @
categoriespython