On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 16:25:18 +0100, Peter Nuttall wrote:
On Thursday 25 Sep 2003 2:51 pm, Riccardo Attilio Galli wrote:
On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 11:46:16 +0100, Peter Nuttall wrote:
if anyone has any comments I would like to see them.
<snip>
peter, your program write 'e-mail' absolutely not rfc2822 compliant.
<snip>
Yeah, I thought It was not compliant. Thanks for the weblink. I have
changed it based on the standard and what you said, but I have a few
questions:

1. message-ID: I have written an few lines of code that have the date
and time on one side of a @ and the computer's name of the other. is
that OK?
I'm in a hurry, so I can't loock at rfc. I think it's too simple. It
should be something really hard to generate again. Look at some real
e-mail you received.
2. is there a better way to make the date string that the loop that I
have?
Probably, but I can't tell it now.
3. line length: Is having it set to 78 ok or is that 2 over the limit?
It's over the limit. 78 is with \r\n.
Here is the new code:
there's a bug here
while end == 0:
msg=raw_input()

if msg=='':
if new_line_1=='1':
If I would press enter in the first line, it raise a NameError (new_line_1
is not defined)
So define it before the if.

Thanks again

Peter