achrist at easystreet.com wrote:
Peter Hansen wrote:

Queue.Queue.get() ...
That looks good. But that needs a thread to block, right?
A generator manages to run without being a thread (at least
overtly). If we have the suck() statement, we also need
something that's the opposite of a generator (a Sucker?)
and something that's the opposite of an iterator (a Suckee?).
I'm starting to get an idea why this is completely not all
there.

The main question this raises is "How lightweight are threads?"
Can I program with dozens or hundreds of python threads in a
program (for example under Windows) and not notice that this is
an inefficient or inept coding style?

Al
You may want to check out how such things are done with my MyHDL
package. The target application is hardware design, but the idea
is more probably general.

http://jandecaluwe.com/Tools/MyHDL/manual/model-obj.html

Jan

--
Jan Decaluwe - Resources bvba - http://jandecaluwe.com
Losbergenlaan 16, B-3010 Leuven, Belgium