achrist at easystreet.com wrote in news:3F5F95B9.A8CB5786 at easystreet.com:

Peter Hansen wrote:

Queue.Queue.get() ...
That looks good. But that needs a thread to block, right? yes
A generator manages to run without being a thread (at least
overtly). If we have the suck() statement, we also need
something that's the opposite of a generator (a Sucker?)
and something that's the opposite of an iterator (a Suckee?).
I'm starting to get an idea why this is completely not all
there.
basicaly you poll every generator (or more precicly "iterable" as that is
what a generator returns), one after the other... enjoy the link below.
The main question this raises is "How lightweight are threads?"
Can I program with dozens or hundreds of python threads in a
program (for example under Windows) and not notice that this is
an inefficient or inept coding style?
this one is for you :-)
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-pythrd.html

you wont get happy with hundrets of native threads, but with the light ones
from above you can have thousands...

generaly you will find interesting stuff here (one line):
http://www-
106.ibm.com/developerworks/views/linux/articles.jsp?sort_order=desc&expand=
&sort_by=Date&show_abstract=true&view_by=Search&search_by=charming+python%3

chris
--
Chris <cliechti at gmx.net>