Oh man.
After diving into the site.py traceback I noticed that I had a module named
"types" in my package and site.py tried to import the standard types module
but ended up importing my custom module instead (the scripts directory is
the first in sys.path).
I renamed it and everything seems to work fine.

Thanks,
Markus

"A.M. Kuchling" <amk at amk.ca> wrote in message
news:g8KcnaISvKGppdeiRTvUqg at speakeasy.net...
On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 17:56:52 +0200,
^^^^ what's this?

I expect the installation is incorrect or sys.path is messed up in some way,
and suspect that your import problems are only a side effect, not the root
cause of the problem. Run "python -v" to see the traceback from site.py.

--amk

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedAug 25, '03 at 3:56p
activeAug 26, '03 at 7:41a
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Markus Doering: 2 posts A.M. Kuchling: 1 post