argument, and try to quit the Python interpreter, it seems to enter an
infinite loop (top(1) shows it consumes all CPU resource), with the
following traceback according to gdb:

#0 0x400d2797 in chunk_free (ar_ptr=0x4017d6a0, p=0x8129ea8) at malloc.c:3251
#1 0x400d2513 in __libc_free (mem=0x8129f60) at malloc.c:3153
#2 0x08057d32 in _PyObject_Del ()
#3 0x0805d2ec in string_dealloc ()
#4 0x080c9740 in PyDict_DelItem ()
#5 0x0805cc8e in PyString_Fini ()
#6 0x080955e7 in Py_Finalize ()
#7 0x080535bb in Py_Main ()
#8 0x08052df6 in main ()
#9 0x4007b17d in __libc_start_main (main=0x8052de0 <main>, argc=1, ubp_av=0xbffff654, init=0x80521d0 <_init>, fini=0x80d0b10 <_fini>,

What is really strange is that is only happens if I instantiate the new
type like this:
t = NewType(0, 42, 'hi')
If I do this:
s = 'hi'
t = NewType(0, 42, s)
everything is well... Moreover, if I change my C code to something like
this:

if (!PyArg_ParseTuple(args, "ii|O", &a, &b, &o)
return NULL;
s = PyString_AsString(o);

everything's fine again, in both cases...

I guess it's some kind of twisted reference count thing, and I'm still
trying to get some minimal C code to reproduce this. Meanwhile, does
anybody have a clue ?

Thanks in advance.

Precisions: I'm running Python 2.2.3 on Linux, and I don't free() the
buffer retrieved via PyArg_ParseTuple or PyString_AsString :)

--
J?r?me Laheurte <fraca7 at free.fr>
If you didn't get caught, did you really do it?

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedAug 22, '03 at 5:38p
activeAug 26, '03 at 12:53p
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Michael Hudson: 2 posts Poire Williams: 1 post