In article <LJS0b.1252$Ej6.627 at newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
"Andrew Dalke" wrote:
Alex:
Similarly, you do not tend to see in the
Linux community people who are convinced with sufficiently high
intensity that case sensitivity in a filesystem is idiocy (I do believe
that, but not intensely enough to drop Linux's other advantages:-).
And fewer who accept, much less understand, Jef Raskin's views
against a hierarchical file system at all. LEAP-LEAP!
To put it another way: I _DO_ have a different viewpoint from the
majority of Python users regarding case sensitivity -- I think it's
a wart in the language.
While I agree that the file system should be case insensitive but
case preserving (making internationalization all that more fun),
I confess to being fond of the

atom = Atom()

idiom. I know it breaks down, eg, for a function which returns
a newly created class, but it's too ingrained in me.
I happen to like

for a in A:
foo

when processing lists of objects as well as your above example.

jpb

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedAug 18, '03 at 1:58a