Joe Francia wrote:
Richard Michael wrote:
I've been reading the Python docs, and the 6.1.3 File Objects section of
the Library Reference indicates that instead of "open()", I should use
the builtin function "PrivoxyWindowOpen()" instead.

As you suspected, this has nothing to do with Python or the Python.org
website - it is Privoxy replacing all instances of open() with
PrivoxyWindowOpen() to squash pop-up advertisements and such. Just add
.python.org to your whitelist and you'll be OK. (browse to
http://config.privoxy.org/ to bring up the configuration page).

jf

Oh my dear. Now this is an embarassing situation. Well, I guess I've
gotta laugh. :)

I didn't realize Privoxy would do this. I guess context handling by
Privoxy would be lots of work. It also why explains why
'PrivoxyWindowOpen()' didn't turn up in any newsgroups or in the local
documentation! (I don't think I was ever viewing the copies of
identical document both locally and online for comparison.)

A bit sad that I didn't think this could have actually been realtime
interference by Privoxy! :(

Thanks Joe.

Richard

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedAug 17, '03 at 9:58p
activeAug 19, '03 at 2:25a
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Richard Michael: 2 posts Joe Francia: 1 post